Claudette Giveaway Winner Announcement!
This was so hard! All the stories you guys shared were awesome and so positive–it’s amazing how much a bra that fits well can transform how we feel about ourselves!
I love reading about how you learned that things that were taken as a given with bras became signs of ill fit:
- “Though I noticed that the straps either dug in or slipped off, breasts fell out of cups etc I thought that was the norm so I sailed along in my youthful ignorance.” — The Baroness
- “I didn’t know how a good bra should fit, I didn’t know a good bra could make my breasts look amazing, I didn’t know a good bra would make clothes fit properly. Worst of all, I didn’t know that constant back pain and sore breasts are NOT a normal part of wearing a bra. … I set out to fix my bra problem. … [T]urns out I’m a 32G/30GG!” –Kaya
And how you reacted to learning your new size and wearing the right bra:
- “I wore too-small bras for years, where the band was too big and the cups too small. I didn’t really know any different, though, so I was incredibly surprised to find out my true size when I finally went to a small bra boutique–I’d been about 4 cup sizes off!” — Nora
- “[My first bra fitting] made me realize that my breasts are neither too large, nor too small, they are mine – and perfect exactly the way they are.” — Megan
- “[E]ven though I don’t look like a D cup, I found I was …. and all three of us–my two girls and me-feel and look great!!!” –Kim L
- “Getting my first accurately-sized bra in the first time in years was a revelation.” — Lena
And the best part? How your new bras are working for you:
- “Before, I tried my hardest to cover up (which can be hard, since even the smallest v-necks always seemed to show too much.) Now I’m a lot more comfortable wearing shirts that I would have never worn before. And I think they fit better, too. — Katie
- “[E]ven a relatively boring bra can really flatter my figure.” –Reesa
- “My boobs didn’t droop anymore. I no longer resembled someone’s grandmother. I had a waist, and it was tiny! Looking at my reflection in that mirror, for once truly supported, I felt beautiful—unreservedly, without exceptions or addendums, beautiful—for the first time in my life.” –Eileen
While all of your stories moved me, and I found many parts of Eileen and Katie’s stories, especially, that I could identify with, the person I selected to win still hasn’t found a bra to fit her. She hasn’t yet experienced the rest of these a-ha moments but is on the verge, guessing that she’s a 34I (34G in Claudette). So CASSIDY, I’d like you to be able to know what a bra in your actual size can do for you! I’d love to help get you in your first well-fitting bra with Claudette’s help!!
To be honest, I still have never had a properly fitting bra. I wear ones that will “work” but I just can’t bring myself to spend the money on a good fitting bra. (I think I wear a 34I but could be very off on that after reading all your tips) I would love, love, love to win this so that I can finally see how it is!
Thanks again to everyone who entered! This is the second giveaway I’ve been able to host, and I hope to have the opportunity to do so again! To keep up with contests and the rest of my posts, you may want to consider subscribing to my Feedburner on the sidebar to have my latest entries delivered to your inbox so you don’t miss a thing Xx